Creating long-term impacts on client successes and the economy.
Last year, Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute’s (EI2) clients achieved the following results:
- Georgia manufacturing companies reduced operating costs by $36 million, increased sales by $191 million, and created or saved 950 jobs.
- Startups based on Georgia Tech research innovations created 513 jobs and attracted nearly $100 million in investment.
- $492 million in government contracts, creating or saving an estimated 9,843 jobs.
- 83 minority entrepreneurs received nearly $86 million in new contracts, increased sales, new bonding, or new financing.
- 493 technology startup companies together generated capital activity (venture capital investment and mergers/acquisitions) of more than $97 million.
- Evaluated 219 research innovations from 65 Georgia Tech faculty members and helped form 17 new companies based on this intellectual property.
- ATDC program companies reported revenues totaling more than $1.3 billion and approximately 5,571 jobs.
- 56 proposals for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants. Companies assisted won more than $9 million in awards.
- 243 companies collaborated with Georgia Tech, including 18 projects involving state economic development agencies. Projects resulted in 1,594 created or saved jobs and $63 million in capital investment.
- 2,910 students were assisted through technology accessibility, saving the University System of Georgia $1.3 million by reusing textbooks converted for students with disabilities.