The Flashpoint startup accelerator helps early stage-startups minimize risk and accelerate growth. Through a process called Startup Engineering, the Flashpoint program provides:
- Access to experienced mentors, experts, and investors.
- Weekly cohort dinners with startup founders from across the country.
- A fast environment for startups.
- Reduced startup risks and costs.
- Higher success rates and a less expensive way to achieve success.
Through a competitive selection process, approximately 12 startups are chosen to make up a cohort. Two cohorts operate each year, and are active for four months, culminating with investor demo days in Atlanta, New York City, and the San Francisco Bay area.
Who Flashpoint Serves
- Flashpoint is open to all Georgia startups, with first priority given to technology companies.
- Investors interested in partnering with Georgia startups.
The Flashpoint Difference
Founded in late 2010, Flashpoint was created to support the Institute’s strategic plan and designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation in Georgia. By being a member of a Flashpoint cohort, you will be able to utilize the resources of Georgia Tech and its vast network of connections.
Flashpoint Economic Impact
- 93 percent of the original 30 Flashpoint startups are thriving.
- $8 million in follow-up funding received for first cohort.
Flashpoint is part of the Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2) at Georgia Tech, which helps enterprises improve their competitiveness to significantly impact the economy.